Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Not everything is funny

Admittedly, I did this to myself. I allowed myself to open my life to the public (read: Social Media) and that is something that I regret.

The problem with social media is it only depicts what people wanted to think about you. Now the bigger problem is our generation tends to post anything and everything happening to them without knowing and considering the possible dangers and consequences after. And Im guilty of the latter.

People think that they know everything about me and I am the one to be blamed. What can I say? It was a spur of the moment kind of thing and I regret every minute of it. I allowed myself to be eaten by the digital world we are all living in. And that sucks.

I apologize to myself for exposing my life to the whole world. I cant do anything about that now. Damage has been done. Pictures were uploaded, statuses were posted -- things that were not meant to be available for public viewing.

But you see, when you did something in the past and you started being okay with it, this is when people around you started acting like they know how you feel. And that hurts. More than being regretfel, I am embarassed. With the fact that things will never be normal again and that is something that makes me sad.

I am responsible for my actions and I am standing up for it. For the record though, I dont owe anybody an explanation. This is my life and I am living it the way I want it. I  cannot control your judgments and opinions about me.

And since people around me have the power to make me feel bad, I am choosing to filter all the good ones from the bad.

So I am begging you to please stop messing with my life. Your opinions are something that I dont want to hear. Go ahead and talk about it behind my back, but if you cant say anything good, just please keep it to yourself. I dont want to hear any bullshit from you anymore. Not funny anymore.

Posted via Blogaway


Posted via Blogaway

No comments:

Post a Comment